[pct-l] Mt. Hood Snow Level

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sun Jun 29 00:15:49 CDT 2008

That's no lie!

We were hiking down the Table Mountain trail (aka the 35 mile often-bypassed-in-favor-of-the-road-walk section of the PCT from the Bridge of the Gods to Panther Creek campground). The temperature was 90° by the time we got to Cascade Locks today.

The forecast for Government Camp up on Mt Hood:

Sunday high 84° and thunderstorms
Monday: 79
Tuesday: 75°
Wednesday: 72°
Thursday: 70°

That should remove some of that snow from the flanks of Mt Hood!

Wandering Bob