[pct-l] New Thread!: Packing Bear Cans?

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 19:23:28 CDT 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 8:07 PM, Jim McCrain wrote:
> I repackage all of my meals into individual serving 1 quart zip-
> lock bags.  After squeezing out all of the air, I can get
> approximately 10-11 of these little "burrito shaped" packages into
> the bottom of the can.  (I stack the "burritos" on end.)

This technique works well for snickers and other snack bars also.

I split my food in half and filled the bottom of the canister as best
I could and then repeated the process for the top half.  This way I
had access to all my food types (snack, breakfast, dinner) without
having to burrow down to the bottom of the canister.

Removing all air from your packaging is critical.  If you used
Liptons, poke a hole in them or make a small cut in the package so
that you can squeeze out the air.

Radar