[pct-l] Climbing Partner, Tuolumne Post Office

Joanne Lennox goforth at cio.net
Fri Jun 20 15:23:16 CDT 2008

I am tired of the snow and cold weather in Washington - dreaming of California blue lakes, green sweet meadows, granite peaks, sunshine- HOH!!!

I plan to be climbing NOrth of Agnew meadows June 27 to July 7 .  Because I want to start slowly(out of shape) I will be climbing some easier peaks first - Koip Peak Pass, and then going to Banner, Ritter, Davis , Rodgers, Forester and Electra, Lyell, Macclure)

Then I was going to climb Peaks North of Tuolumne July 8-16- Starting with White, Conness, North and swinging around the peaks north and then West on the NOrth border of  Yosemite, ending at Matterhorn Peak.

I am looking for a partner(s) - must be experienced on snow, and 3rd class rock.  Ice Ax experience is vital as most of the time will be spent cross country.  I am a slow,safe, and experienced climber with 400 peaks under my belt, but have not been at this altitiude for awhile. I do not plan to carry a rope, crampons, or protection - nor do I plan to do any 4th or 5th class climbing.

Any word from the truhikers what the snow levels is now on Muir Pass, Donohue and Yosemite?

Does anybody know if the the Post Office at Tuolumne is still running - can you send packages out as well as receiving packages?.

Does the Tuolumne Store sell Ethyl Alcohol by the ounce??

Goforth