[pct-l] The answer is not much help

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Thu Jun 12 19:52:35 CDT 2008

I disagree.  Sure the technology is more advanced.

But how many people back in 1920 could understand the workings of radio
(both broadcasting and receiving)?
Or how a refrigerator works?
Even in a basic "popular science" level?

Of course I wonder how many people now could explain these?

And how many youngsters understand computers well enough to put their
parents to shame?

How many on this list could explain the basic operations of GPS?

Times change. Knowledge needs change. And for most people just being able
to use the technology is sufficient.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>