[pct-l] Looking for some advice

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Thu Jun 12 10:48:44 CDT 2008

Hi Robert

Last year I joined my son, a PCT thru-hiker, for three days along the
trail.  Chance timing caused those three days to be Kennedy Meadows to
Trail Pass.  An beautiful section and highly recommended.  The
detailed description starts here  http://pct2007.org/2007/06/06/2006-06-06-happy-fathers-day/

The only problem with this section is getting back to your car.  I am
comfortable doing this by hitching, as I did again this year when I
hiked Trail Pass to Kearsarge Pass by myself.  That's a little longer,
and involves higher and more spectacular scenery.  Maybe for  your
second trip.  I see someone else is suggesting a loop from Horseshoe
Meadows, which would solve the trailhead access problem by starting
and finishing at the same point.

My son 'SunWalker' is now 27 and more of a hiking veteran than me
(PCT2007, Japan-cape-to-cape 2008), but I got him started as an 18yr
old in Yosemite nine years ago.)

On 11/06/2008, at 1:51 PM, rhousley at aol.com wrote:

> I would like to spend 3-4 days tops on the PCT trail early to mid
> July with my 17yr old son.? ......

Denis Stanton
denisstanton at mac.com