[pct-l] Looking for some advice

rhousley at aol.com rhousley at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 15:51:29 CDT 2008

I would like to spend 3-4 days tops on the PCT trail early to mid July with my 17yr old son.? It would be our first outting as such but we are not strangers to the backwoods..? It's been years but the last time I backpacked for any long length of time.? I would have liked to just start at the begining of the PCT at the US/Mexico border and go three to four days; and next year pick-up where we left off. But - I can guess it will be wretching hot and best not to take this approach - unless I get enough advice that its not a big issue.

I reside in the OC but we are willing to make a?drive to just about any location within CA to spend 3-4 days on the trail.? I need some advice from all you experts and gurus on what would be a good section of the PCT to do during July? We're both in fair shape; my 17yr old more so than I and we expect to try and keep it between 8-10 miles a day (more of a stroll).?

I would love to hear your suggestions.

Robert