[pct-l] PCT Record Setting Unsupported Hike

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sun Jun 8 20:31:52 CDT 2008

In the past, it's been my observation that Scott has not wanted that type of attention or support, but I certainly can't speak for him or Michele.  If they want that sort of thing, I'm sure Michele would post their itinerary. She's posted to the list before and surely can do so again.

IMHO, people stopping to meet them along the way, however well intended, has the effect of slowing them down.  Things left for them on the trail become encumbrances, which must be either carried or left behind. Neither option is optimal.

L-Rod