[pct-l] more kudos for tegaderm

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Tue Jan 29 23:35:15 CST 2008

Another reason to have tegaderm in your med kit--it is a great dressing
for second degree burns.  I was in bed recovering from surgery and got a
scald burn on my chest when someone brought me a mug of hot tea and I
spilled it on myself--resulting in a huge blister that opened right up.
  The surgeon gave me a big tegaderm patch to cover it, and it healed
beautifully with no scar.   Since we fiddle with stoves and hot water in
the backcountry, burns can be a fairly common injury, and a second
degree burn is a big infection risk.
Marion