[pct-l] more kudos for tegaderm

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:49:02 CST 2008

As an EMT we're trained to use dry sterile dressing for skin burns. If
it's a bad burn, putting a tegaderm on it can end up being a very
painful removal process. Of course, so can dry sterile dressings. But
I guess if an MD did the tegaderm he's more knowledgeable than I, it
just seems a rather sticky item to put on a burn blister.

Although it's true that burns are vectors for infection, just like an
open wound. You definitely need to cover it with SOMETHING sterile.