[pct-l] Hosting Hikers for 2008 Season

ljerd at uci.edu ljerd at uci.edu
Tue Jan 15 11:12:44 CST 2008

Hello to all! I have been a lurker for awhile now, and it is time for me
to make a posting. My name is Gazelle. I hiked just about the first half
of the trail in '07. Upon returning home I immediately knew that I had
made a mistake. I miss the trail everyday. Therefore I am planning another
thru-hike attempt for the '08 season. I decided that I am not stressed
enough between saving money, planning for my hike and graduating college
that I needed another project. I also feel a strong desire to give back to
the trail community and therefore my Mom and I have decided to host hikers
for next season at our home in San Diego.

I would like to extend a warm and welcome invitation to all of the 2008
thru-hikers in need of a place to stay and transportation services during
their short stay in the San Diego area prior to the commencement of their
hike. Mommy Gazelle lives in San Diego, and has generously opened her home
to hikers during the month of April. I will play the role of taxi cab
driver, to and from the airport, the border, and other places of hiker
interest ie. REI, Roadrunner Sports, Albertsons etc. Space is limited. Our
house will comfortably hold 3 maybe 4 hikers at a time. If you find
yourself interested in this real gem of an opportunity please email me at
ljerd at uci.edu. I look forward to meeting the '08 gang as well as taking
advantage of any opportunity to give back to the trail. Also these
services can/may be extended to hikers from previous years coming back to
reunite at the kickoff, priority to the class of 2007 of course. :)

-Gazelle