[pct-l] From Campo, San Jacinto

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Sun Jan 13 12:03:41 CST 2008

Careful not to be fooled about snow levels on San Jacinto with the view from
the south.  The east flank between Apache and the top of South Peak can be
very hairy.  Lot's of 1,000' snow chutes with un-friendly landings.  Carry
an ice axe this time of year on that section of trail.  Also, the rangers
can be very wrong on their judgment of the trail on the back-side.   Get the
sense I've been through that?!