[pct-l] From Campo, right away

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Sat Jan 12 20:18:10 CST 2008

The hike in the Lagunas today was under perfect weather.  I saw no snow on the PCT, but a very tiny bit on the drive up.  The faucets are turned on at Boulder Oaks (campground is open) and the G.A.T.R. faucet is turned on at the head of Noble Canyon.  The faucet is on at Pioneer Mail.
The ground was soft and wet, but not really muddy.  We could see a long way and it doesn't look like there is much snow at all on the San Jacintos, but San Gorgonio has a lot of snow (of course the trail doesn't go there).  Great hiking weather during the day.
Capt Bivy