[pct-l] GPS Batteries

Lon Cooper loncooper at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 19:27:33 CST 2008

Doc Holiday,

I have a Garmin 60Csx and have only used Lithium batteries in it so far.

This summer I kept it on continuously while I hiked, logging the trail
for 59 days, all with Lithium batteries.

I never noticed any problems while hiking, however once I returned
home, I noticed on 7 days I had errors in the logs where the unit
stopped logging the trail usually for 2/10 or 3/10 of a mile. I
returned the unit to REI and got a different 60Csx, replaced the
MicroSD card and did the August firmware update and have not noticed
any problems in 8 more days of hiking (all with Lithium batteries)
since making the changes.

I don't think my logging problems were related to lithium batteries,
but that is my real world experience with the GPS.

-Lon