[pct-l] GPS Batteries

stewjohns at comcast.net stewjohns at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 15:17:40 CST 2008

I have read several posts about the use of Lithium batteries in the Garmin 60csx unit.  My question is this.  I went to the garmin site, and there is no mention of using the Lithium.  Only alkaline and NIMH batteries.  Also, as of the last software update on Aug 2007 ver 3.5.0, the option for Lithium batteries was removed from the menu.  Now I know that it is only needed to properly display the battery life icon, but why would they remove it if you are allowed to use Lithium batteries.  I am concerned that if I try them, it will harm my unit.  Have you specifically used them for this unit, and did it have any adverse affects?  I am looking for real world tests here, not hypothesis on what should work.

Doc Holiday