[pct-l] electrolyte replacement

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Fri Dec 26 13:41:41 CST 2008

Good morning, All,

I strongly agree with Ellen:  I am fortunate to maintain my appetite under
almost all conditions, and since I eat mostly high-salt snack food, I always
seem to keep my electrolytes up.  The hat shown at
http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=258181 is a good example.
Some viewers may look at that photo and believe that I
was in deep yogurt because of all the salt I lost, but I have a different
view.  Since that salt residue was continually present -- quickly
returning after a rinse -- and since I never experienced low-electrolyte
symptoms, apparently there had to have been sufficient replacement in my
diet.

I like the idea of using the lite salt, though.  I'll have to find a way to
work some of that in my diet.

Steel-Eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye