[pct-l] water carrying capacity / frameless backpacks

Lenny Leum littleleum at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 20:52:18 CST 2008

Hello,
I was wondering about water in Southern California, and specifically how much carrying capacity is recommended.  6 liters?  8 liters?  I know water is very plentiful in the Sierras, but what about for the rest of the trip... how much water would you recommend I be prepared to carry for the remainder of the trip after leaving So Cal?

Secondly, I just read Steel-eye's entire journal, and found it very informative, highly recommended, thank you!  If you are reading this Steel-eye, do you have a gear list for that specific trip?  From the clues gathered reading, it sounds like I am going to be using similar equipment.

How did it feel after a resupply, carrying close to 30 lbs with the little Golite Breeze?  I'm contemplating a similar rucksack type backpack, but don't have experience with one and was thinking it might be worth carrying another pound or so for a more solid backpack.  Any comments on this are welcome.