[pct-l] Sleeping bags

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 21:35:45 CST 2008

>After finding my tent and backpack I am now
trying to find a good
 sleeping
bag. I am wondering if anyone can recommend any
good ultra lite- lite
sleeping bags in between the $150-$200 range? I
found one that sounds
 ok
called the cats meow by North face.
  http://www.rei.com/product/763623
I don't have a lot of experience with negative 32
degree camping so I
 am
wondering if this sounds good enough. It weighs
almost 3 pounds also
 which I
was wondering if that fits into the lite
category? It has a 20 degree
rating. Anyhow if there are other recommendations
as well. They would
 be
greatly appreciated.

After lugging a 20-yr-old, 5 lb. synthetic bag
all over the place, and having CA Sect. O kick my
butt, I bought a Marmot Pinnacle.  At 2.5 lbs,
it's probably not ultra-light, but I think
certainly close.  As I've only taken it on one
trip so far, I'll leave the serious, in-depth
reviews to those who have logged far more miles
and nights in this bag.  You will, however, have
to fork out another $100 above your stated range.

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR