[pct-l] machine screw traction use

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Sun Dec 21 09:53:36 CST 2008

We have mucho ice on trails here in Maine.  I have tried Yak tracks
and other brands and have joined the ranks of winter walkers that use
these:  Stabilicers.
"Stabilicers are like  sure-traction snow tires for your feet. Walk
with confidence this winter over ice and snow with the same anti-slip
soles used by postal carriers, linemen and emergency workers.
Stabilicers have long-lasting Vibram® soles with case-hardened
replaceable cleats that bite into ice and snow. Velcro® straps attach
easily to your favorite boot or shoe."

Bike shoes have rigid soles and would not work to hike in.

Uncle Tom