[pct-l] Shelter Question

Dr. Ritchey A. Ruff ruffwork at ruffwork.com
Thu Aug 28 23:27:45 CDT 2008

My experience has been that single-wall tents (like "The One" or my
current fav "Nemo GoGo Bivy") work better in dry  (and maybe warmer)
climates like CA and southern Oregon.  In wet climates like Northern OR
and WA you get rained on at night: no joke!  I was just on Mt. Hood last
weekend and my tent was raining on me all night.  The humid air and the
single wall tent and the cold air are a bad combo.  I'll be using my
Nemo in CA and southern OR (it worked fine at Crater Lake!) and using a
dual-wall setup in north OR or WA rain and cold.

Crawling into my flame-proof bivy,
--ruffwork