[pct-l] Fw: Darkhorse

Glen Winters glenbwint at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 17:36:44 CDT 2008

Wain
Don't see why you couldn't be ready in 3 weeks. Make sure you  get pack, sleeping bag, clothes and especially the first pair of Trail Runners? to get through Kennedy Meadows,. if you need a tent you can get a tarptent at the kickoff. I'm only sending one resupply to Warner Springs which is 4 to 6 days depending on if your in shape or not, the rest to Kennedy Meadows will be bought along the way and their are outfitters in Idlywild, Big Bear etc. Lots of people take a week or a few days off but some don't come back, so plan on the wedding. If you decide to do more mail resupply you can do some during that time. Plan on hiking solo its no big deal if you can't handle being alone you might consider the AT instead. But to be honest you'll probably have plenty of company and may meet a hiking partner during your first few weeks. There will be plenty of hikers on the pct till you get up into northern calif and onwards then it may thin out somewhat. The kickoff
 isn't a necessity but for you it may be a good thing since you can pick up a data book the three pct guidebooks and yogi's book, you can also get the hiking permit and fire permit at the kickoff. If those books and the kickoff can't get you ready for the trail then I don't know what will.

Have fun,
Argentina