[pct-l] Purell and Giardia

Liz Mares azlazorra1 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 20:25:56 CDT 2007

Never had an anaphylatic reaction before.  The Doc thinks it might have been the MSG in the soup.  Gosh, do you now how many products have MSG?...ALMOST EVERYTHING!  And it can be hidden in so many foods and be listed under so many different names like "Natural Flavor".  I'm afraid to eat now!  The only other trigger that might have a bearing was a wasp stung me twice on a CDT section hike two weeks ago.  I'm glad I survived too!  I think I have a lot more backpacking miles on me yet!  Ha-Ha.

  Yes, now I have to carry an EpiPen too!  Thanks for asking and I'm glad you survived too!

  La Zorra

Tortoise <Tortoise73 at charter.net> wrote:
  Glad you survived! Do you know what the trigger was for your
anaphylatic reaction?

I'm allergic to wasp stings and am lucky to be here. Once I was stung at
the top of a three-story ladder painting a roof gable. fortunately I got
down to the ground before I got too woosy! Now I carry epipens with me
just in case. Like the anakit better because it is lighter and more
compact, but apparently it is no longer available; may come back someday.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>

Using Mozilla Thunderbird http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/