[pct-l] Purell and Giardia

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Sep 15 23:52:24 CDT 2007

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>

Liz,

Years ago at Kaiser HMO in Oakland I had allergy tests-- the first set
was getting injections of various allergens under the skin and waiting
for a while to see if any reaction. This process was done weekly for
weeks until they confirmed I was allergic to wasp stings.  A few years
later they did another test -- this time they took a blood sample and
sent it off to a lab somewhere to have the testing done. This confirmed
I was allergic to wasp stings.

So if you haven't already, discuss with your doctor about getting tested
for what you are allergic to. I also had a friend who was allergic to
one of the common preservatives used on fresh produce and some seafood.
He had to be very careful when eating out. So it is good to know what
you are actually allergic to. Same for anyone else who has had a severe
reaction.

Incidentally I have a cat who is allergic to soy and various other plant
ingredients in cat food so I carry a list with me and check the
ingredient list each time I buy cat food for her. My other cat is
borderline diabetic (supposedly) and is on a special (expensive) diet
which contains soy so I've got to feed them separately. :-)         The
things one does for their animals.

John