[pct-l] Burkley Bill is also yo-yoing

Junaid Dawud jdawud at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 18:43:26 CDT 2007

I'm pretty sure I met Eric D while finishing
snoqualmie to canada.  He was having lunch and I think
was afraid that I was about to assail him with the
litany of questions that are often asked of thru
hikers, so when I asked him where he was coming from
he said Canada.  He didn't have the look of someone
that had only been on the trail a couple of weeks
though, he had the thru hiker look going in full
effect.  Anyway, GOOD LUCK ERIC! rock that $*^% man!

I also met Berkley Bill in Stehekin.  He was a really
nice guy.  I gave him some info about the GP original
since he wanted to go thru that way (fire on the
detour and what not).  If I had known he had just hit
the border NOBO and was now heading SOBO, I'd have
just shook his hand and told him that he wouldn't have
a problem at all.  He never mentioned that he had just
finished a thru hike or that he was, I was told later,
a triple crowner. So to Berkley Bill, I Say:  Congrats
man and if you've got Campo on the mind, I say GO FOR
IT, You can do it!

peace-------------Speshul 41