[pct-l] THIS is why... (was: Nikon D40X)

OMullis omullis at aircanopy.net
Wed Oct 31 07:24:01 CDT 2007

Craig,

Try this link: http://home.comcast.net/~onbelaydave/Beartooths_2007_short_for_web.wmv  or maybe better yet, try it from here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=25400422, which is the original site at which I ran across it.

I see my original pasted-in URL somehow substituted "%&" for a "~"... also FWIW, neither of these worked for me in Firefox... but work OK in IE.
In IE this link takes me into a Windows "open or save this file" dialog box... I opened it but did not save it locally.  In any case, I don't know how to go about posting it to YouTube or similar sites.

And most amazing: this was a 25-day "self-supporting" trek (no re-supplies) and his starting pack weight was 86 pounds, and he says hisgear was rated as UL!  He took 25 days of food, shelter, fishing AND photography gear...  So much for the "it's about hiking or it's about XYZ" train of thought!