[pct-l] womens shoes

dusterbuddy at comcast.net dusterbuddy at comcast.net
Sun Nov 18 16:28:00 CST 2007

Greg-

Thanks so much for the feed back! every bit helps. I really do think that theses are the shoes for me. one of my main concerns was toe room. i;ve had problems with other shoes that didnt have enough toe room and i developed those pesky little blisters that form in-between your toes.

how do you feel about using them in the Sierras? would you switch to something with more traction? or maybe a gortex lining?

thanks again!
Kim
2008!!
From: Greg Kesselring <gkesselr at whidbey.com>
Not a woman here, but I'm hiking in the 907's and they've been great.  They've held up way better than any other trail running shoe I've hiked in.  Seem to be build like a tank.  For me fit is crucial and as you know NB comes in different widths which makes it possible to get the fit I need.   I hope to be hiking in them for years.  (I ought to go out and buy a half dozen pair or so.  Seems that these running shoe companies change their models every couple of years, so in a few years the 907 may no longer be in production).

Dirt does filter down into the shoe thru the mesh.  I think it's worse in the 8 series than the 907's, but even with the 907's you get some dirt inside the shoe.  I suspect the only way to prevent that is with a non-fabric shoe (e.g. leather) or with Goretex or some other waterproof/breathable fabric.

Greg

dusterbuddy at comcast.net wrote:
I will be hiking the pct next year and can hardly wait!! 2008!! whoo hoo! Now that i got that out. I had a few questions about shoes. I've been lurking for about a year now and know that this is a great source of information. A few weeks ago there was disscusion of MENs shoes. what about womens shoes? does anyone know anything about the New Balance 907? I tried them on and they feel great. lots of toe room and a sturdy heel. my question is, are these shoes suitable for the dessert section?
I also tried the New Balance 873. They fit well too, but i was concerned that they may have to much mesh allowing to much dirt/sand through them. I plan on wearing lightweight gaiters so this may alleviate the situation? any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

Kim
2008, and can't wait!!