[pct-l] The kick off party?

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 02:27:20 CDT 2007

Just got home to 34 pct-l emails in a seven hour period.

I've noticed a lot of people refering to the "Kick Off Party"

I've been to parties.  If this is a party................................. WEAK!
I stood around the campfire with some hikers passing around a bottle of wine.
One bottle, eight people.  If this were a party, everyone would HAVE THEIR OWN BOTTLE!
Then it got to be about 9:30 and they all WENT TO BED!!!

There was a group who did know how to party,,,,,,,,,,,,, really party............. but they moved that over to some cabins.
I guess so the other 95%, the whimps, could go night-night just after dark.

All day long on Saturday, these same whimps went to things that were like speeches, lectures and seminars.  They did gear contests, checked out gear.  They gathered information from non-profit organizations, goverment employees, and all around goody two-shoes volunteers. Information like trail conditions, safety, water, laws, regulations, permits, Leave No Trace issues, proper use of an ice ax.  Stuffs about rocks, flowers, trees and cutsie little animals.  NO BOOZE!  NO BANDS!.  What a bunch of pencil neck geeks!  This year I hear they are adding on something to do with "trail etiquette", whatever that is.  Must have something to do with the proper way to hold your spork and fold your bandana.  Maybe something about those clump things everyone is talking about.  What are they trying to do?  Mess up our party on the trail too!

This ain't no party!  The two little stores up the street never run out of beer.  Can't smell anything burning but campfires, and the only white powder I saw, some guy was putting it into his Mac'n'cheese to make it taste better!  No one passed out ANYWHERE!
And it gets worse every year.  I could have more fun at an AMWAY CONVENTION!

If this were a real party, you'd think these dudes would spring for 10 or 12 kegs just to get us started.

They didn't fork out anything ................ except maybe a couple of cheeseburgers.

This Kick Off Party.............

What'd you say??

It's not a party?  That's what Ive been tryin' to say!  THIS AIN'T NO PARTY!!!

Oh, you mean really not a party.  Like it's called the Kick Off and not the Kick Off Party.  Well then forget everything I just said.

Warner Springs Monty