[pct-l] The HERD on the AT is . . . disappearing!

Moynihan mary.moynihan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:10:47 CDT 2007

I remember a few people on the AT saying that since 2000, the big millineum,
the number has dropped back down to a more realistic number. A number
representing a larger percentage of people who actually might complete a
thru hike, or a good portion, rather than a number of millenium crazed, do
gooders, better their lives and never done this before people. It might also
have to do with Bryson's book too.
These are just things that I have heard and have come to see being very
feasible.
I myself never had the chance to see a herd in the beginning on the AT last
year, I also never did anything like this before. I saw one up in NH and
Maine and  I am eager to be part of it. Not so eager about water sources
being clearer out though.

Hoping not to be the thirsty cow of the herd.
~Spirit