[pct-l] Bizarre Moment

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 12:28:38 CDT 2007

In the spring of '77 (I know, yawn, another '77 story) in the Desolation Wilderness just after the snow had melted off, we heard several trees fall one night in moderate winds and clear skies and saw several freshly fallen trees over the next day with spring growth on them.? Total saturation of the soil around old rotten roots, maybe make these susceptible to the wind?

Strider

I don't know why this happened, if they hadn't had a