[pct-l] Pocketmail

gwtmp01 at mac.com gwtmp01 at mac.com
Mon Jan 22 11:55:17 CST 2007

On Jan 22, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Dan Fenn wrote:
> Although I've heard some good things about Pocketmail, I've also
> heard some pretty negative things as well (composer craps out,
> lousy service, unreliable, etc.)...so what else is new, right?

I've never had a problem with the device or the service.  AT, PCT,
and several
longish section hikes.  I keep it in a ziplock bag while hiking.  I
never use the
backlit display so the AA batteries keep it going for a long while.
It is reasonably
light and OK to type on and works with any phone.

I think the probability of finding a phone in trail towns is higher
than the probability
of getting a decent wireless signal for a cell/blackberry device.

Gary Wright