[pct-l] hiking poles

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Wed Jan 10 13:35:37 CST 2007

Young or old- why inflict more abuse on yourself than necessary? This is
supposed to be FUN...

As part of the Old Geezer Tribe (considering the average age of PCT
hikers, anything over 30 qualifies as Old Geezer!), I start my days with
a BIG smile, then after 10 miles that smile begins to fade and a grimace
creeps in at mile 19.5! Then that BIG smile reappears when I pitch tent
and crack that oilcan open!