[pct-l] Keeping a VERY skinny guy warm in SoCAL

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Jan 10 13:31:08 CST 2007

Another point that conducts heat (or cold) is the neck, specifically where the carotid artery pulses.

I've always deployed the opposite tactic when entering the ocean to bodysurf; I splash the cold water on my wrists, legs, and neck, and head to begin to adjust to the colder temperature before plunging into the waves.

L-Rod