[pct-l] Warm Water - containers

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 18:24:59 CST 2007

A couple more neat things about soda pop bottles:

A 2 liter bottle only weighs 2 ounces.......... not much more than an
expensive Platypus.
I think a 20 ounce bottle weighs one.
(some 16 ounce bottled water bottles only weigh 0.6 ounces)

I'll use them as a temporary then discard them as I go over a section that
may require carrying more water at one time than others.

AND

A soda pop bottle cap fits and is a good replacement for a lost platypus
cap.

You can also put holes in an extra cap and turn your platypus into a
backwoods shower.  Leave the Platypus out in the sun and it's a warm shower.

Warner Springs Monty