[pct-l] Parcher's Resort over Bishop Pass

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Fri Jan 5 18:08:18 CST 2007

I emailed the owner of Parchers Resort about holding resupply packages
and what is below is what he wrote back.  I always thought that South
Lake was a great mid-way supply point between Kennedy Meadows and Red's
Meadow.  In a low snow year you can follow Roper's Sierra High Route
over Knapsack Pass and miss 4000' feet of descent into LeConte Canyon
and 4000' of ascent to Bishop Pass.

Jeff,

Thank you kindly for the suggestion. We do occasionally store re-supply
packages throughout the season for a $10 charge, although last year we were
doing a complete renovation on the property so storage space was limited. We
installed three new cabins last season with the intention of providing
low-cost lodging for hikers and packers, storing re-supply packages is free
for cabin guests, and hope to have more storage space for the upcoming
season.
Our neighbors, Rainbow Pack Outfit, also provide storage services.

My family purchased the resort just under a year ago so we are still getting
a feel for the best avenues to get the word out on what services we offer.
Your suggestion is a great one and is much appreciated.

See you on the trail.

Best Regards,
Jared Smith
GM Parchers Resort