[pct-l] Hotels in San Diego

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Wed Jan 3 19:09:33 CST 2007

Stephanie Wilson wrote:
> Hi PCT'ers,
>
> Can anyone recommend a safe and affordable (less than $100, and
> ideally less than $85) hotel in San Diego that I can stay at before I
> begin hiking in April?
>
> I'm looking for something relatively clean, in a safe area, hopefully
> with a restaurant, that's convenient enough to some shopping (so I can
> pick up some last-minute stuff like fuel and food). Also, relatively
> close to the airport (within a 10-15 mile cab ride, I'd say).
>
> If you know of anything that fits that description, or close to that
> description, please drop me a line.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Stephanie
> PCT 07

hi stephanie-

if you don't mind staying w/ trail angels instead of at a hotel/motel,
i'm happy to offer you free lodging and transportation around town and
to campo, as i've done for other hikers in the past. there are several
other folks in san diego who will do the same, most notably bob riess.
you'll probably hear from him when he sees your post on the list...

cheers!
girlscout
pct06

--