[pct-l] Bringing friends to hike part of the trail

cvlabrenz at sbcglobal.net cvlabrenz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 3 20:33:11 CST 2007

If your friends are trail newbs, I'd bet a pack it'll be all they'll be able to do to make it to Hauser Creek in a day.  We started out of shape with no training & had to eat about 8 Motrin over the course of the day for my calves & thighs to let me get there.  We went up Morena Butte in January and that was hot enough for me - no shade & 1100' in 1 mile made for a 1 hr trudge.

Take it easy & don't make your friends into your enemies.

Scout