[pct-l] We don't need no stinking guide book?

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 13:09:03 CST 2007

I used the guidebook in 2004 and 2005.  This year I will use only
Hikertrash.net, the data book(maybe) and the 4jeffrey.net water report for
the first 150 miles (this is home).
For the next 2500 miles I will use the Guidebook.  Along with that I will
use the water report, Yogi's guide, the Data Book, the PCT Town Book (the
real book of lies....... outdated info),  Tom Harrison, US Geological, Topo,
Craig's Trip Planner and other sources sometimes in just bits and pieces as
each gives me the benefit I want.
I'll only carry the pages I need, one or two sections at a time, and discard
them when I'm done.
The info packets I carry will be very specific to my needs and will be very
light.

Warner Springs Monty