[pct-l] We don't need no stinking guide book?

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Thu Feb 22 08:32:12 CST 2007

Between the data book, yogi's hiking pages, and a great set of topo's (color
with trail and side trails traced), are the guide books needed?

I think the guide might have good information on alternative routes (for
scenic reasons or other reasons). That would be useful.  Those might be in
Yogi's too.  After the Data/Yogi/Topo info, what is in the guides that is
not in the others.  I have read that the maps in the Guides are the most
important part.  However, I am more inclined to print out my own in color
via topo! Thoughts?

BillB (your trail name here)