[pct-l] empty bottles

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Sat Dec 29 13:05:25 CST 2007

The photo Hik'en Steve makes reference to has all the bottles tied together to avoid being blown around (littering) by the wind.

I can only speak for Charlie Jones and Crew but at the 3rd. gate, they remove EVERY empty bottle so as to not leave an unsightly mess. They continue to bring water the the 3rd. gate till a significant portion of hikers have come through.

And, it seems if there were more folks involved there might be more full and less empty bottles. If you're a through hiker a donation to the cause, as Greg suggested, would help. As for we section hikers, some also are involved in helping hikers with transportation; giving them a safe and welcoming place to stay; clearing trail; volunteering to help with TrailFest; volunteering in the actual pcta office, and/or contact them for other suggestions as to be assistance where needed.

There are more ways to help than there are to complain.

are we there yet