[pct-l] Pants...

Alden Dale alden at cedar-creek.com
Wed Dec 19 11:42:53 CST 2007

Hey,

I was having me mid-winter gear review session last night. I realized
that the pants I hiked with last summer weighted 1lb 2oz. (Columbia
Titamium Zip offs). While I appreciate their durability (the suckers
are invincible) they simply weight too much. I like zip-offs, but
since I carry a spare pair of shorts (4 oz- not really shorts, more
gossamer underwear covers) I realized that I don't need the ability
to convert them into shorts also.

So- What kind of pants to people take that are a good compromise
between weight and durablity? I am looking for the following features:
- Cargo pockets in front
- Preferably at least one zippered pocket
- No built in belt- I like to take my own.

Any ideas? Money isn't really an object.

Thanks for any thoughts!

God Bless,

Alden