[pct-l] Record Section Hikes......

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:36:10 CDT 2007

I've added Keith & Steel-Eye to my pct records as "in progress". At we get
older, even close is good.

I don't know if the PCTA even has this kind of information. They know when
people start, if they get a PCTA permit, but they don't record who finishes
do they? I know volunteers collect the registers sometimes and record the
info, but so far the best source of information has been the people on this
list, and the archives for pct-l, which unfortunately only go back to Dec
96. If you know any of the old timers that are still around, how about
calling them up and doing an oral history on their pct experience, then post
it here?

Also, I don't have any names for oldest man/woman completing the pct in one
thru-hike. I'm pretty sure there was a man 80 or 81 who started in 2004 or
2005, but don't know who he was, whether he finished, or how far he got.

The records I've collected are way down towards the bottom of our pct
webpage. One of these days I'll move them to their own page, but haven't got
to it.

--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/pct.html