[pct-l] question about comfort

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 14:11:22 CDT 2007

Like several others on the list, I would throw a recommendation in for the Big Agnes pad.  I used the full-length non-insulated pad on my 2006 thru-hike and never had a single problem with it.  Not a single hole to repair, but I was careful to ensure that I always had a ground cloth other it and chose my camp sites with care.  I know that several folks have reported problems with leaks this year on the trail, but these same people have also reported the wonderful customer service with free drop shipping of a replacement unit from BA

If you are worried about the extra weight of the BA pad, I would suggest carrying it in your waist pack, that way according to some on this list, it doesn't count against your base weight at all, thus weighing less than even the lightest of pads!

To be honest though, the weight is fairly nsignificant and the comfort is awesome!

elevator

From: Sean Nordeen <sean at lifesadventures.net>