[pct-l] No camping with 100 feet of PCT & Lakes? (Thanks Sean)

Dcsmith36 at aol.com Dcsmith36 at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 20:04:01 CDT 2007

I agree it's a good regulation but only recently enforced here  (and
heavily!) and not publicized at all. The ranger lady tells me this reg has  been in
effect since the mid 90's & it's the first I heard of  it.

The big problem here ( central WA)  is that indeed most  camp sites are near
the trail or a lake/stream, yet the powers that be insist  you camp in a
"pre-existing, screened camp site".
The problem being that, take away the existing camp sites near  water or the
PCT and very few spots are left.

Looking at the guide book for these parts, many of the camp  spots listed are
in violation of the rules.  Maybe the book needs updated  & some effort put
into establishing new campsites (legally of  course).

Daniel