[pct-l] Any dried-up water sources: Truckee to Ashland?

Fred Gaudet fwgaz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 17:11:18 CDT 2007

After a 6 week layoff for a foot problem just north of Walker Pass, I restarted my PCT hike Aug. 1.  Knowing that the south Sierras were getting dry in early Aug. and that north of Yosemite some sources were dry-- Semberg Lake outlet, Kerrick Creek crossing 980.2; and Tilden 986.1, my question is:

          ARE THRE ANY DRIED-UP WATER SOURCES between Truckee and Ashland?

  I plan to be in Truckee the end of Aug to read any e-mailes

  If there are any known dried sources in section J and K, I'll be in Bridgeport until Wed, Aug 22.

  Many thanks,

  Fred G

  PS  Water sources Aug 1-4:  Joshua Tree Spring, Cranebrook, Fox Mill Spring, S. Kern River at bridge (2' to3'), 3rd and 4th crossings of Cow Creek were all okay.  The first approach to the S. Kern River before KM was not flowing, only big muddy pools.  Closer to KM and north of campground okay.

  High Sierras after Trail Pass until Tuolume Meadows:  great water.