[pct-l] Oregon Portland to PCT trails

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 11:43:51 CDT 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 3:48:15 pm Brian
Forestell wrote:
> I understand that there are some trails in
Oregon which link
 some
 of the
> major cities to the PCT.  Does anyone know
anything about the
 link
 from
> Portland to the PCT?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Brian

I apologize for the extreme tardiness of this
reply.

I'm not aware of any such trail either.  You'd
probably have to plot your own route using a
combination of public transportation, streets,
various back roads and a bit of cross-country.
Once you reach Troutdale, you could probably head
up and east, which would eventually put you on
the PCT SOBO.  If you're NOBO, then I'd second
the hike along I-84, which is unfortunately both
noisy and highly dangerous (although if you're
stopped by State Police for law violation [it is,
I believe, illegal for pedestrians to walk along
Interstates in Oregon], you might be able to get
a ride).

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR