[pct-l] On-topic - barely: Backpacker magazine changes

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon Aug 13 23:36:49 CDT 2007

I think I read a few issues early on but the mag never really appealed
to me.

I've seen a few magazines lying around and not that impressed.

Then two or so years ago, American Hiking Society includes a year's
subscription with one's membership. Probably some type of mutual
promotion -- encourages AHS membership (a good organization) and
Backpacker gets to claim more paid subscribers.

Am I a cynic??

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>