[pct-l] Trout Lake Resupply and outfitter

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Sat Apr 14 13:12:34 CDT 2007

Linda Jeffers wrote:

> I remember Happy Jo broke up that long PCT section north of Cascade Locks
> with a stop in Trout Lake. At the time, I remember being so mad I hadn't
> decided to try the hard hitch into Trout Lake after hearing about all the
> great food Happy Jo had eaten.

trout lake was not a stop that i had originally planned, but i was so
happy i ended up going there. one of my favorite town stops on the whole
trail. took me about 10 minutes to get a hitch. there's not much there
at all, but the people were so friendly and generous that, even though i
paid for all the services i received, the prices were so reasonable that
i considered it more of a trail angel stop than anything else!

if, like me, you enjoy the town stops almost as much as the trail
itself, don't skip trout lake!

girlscout