[pct-l] Trout Lake Resupply and outfitter

Linda Jeffers gottago at lindajeffers.com
Sat Apr 14 13:03:51 CDT 2007

After reading here on the PCT L not long ago that the outfitter Along the
Trail in Cascade Locks had closed, I decided to call Cascade Mountain Ropes
in Trout Lake, WA to make sure they were still receiving resupply boxes.
Cascade Mountain Ropes (very hiker friendly) is the last outfitter before
the end of the trail.

After Bill Smith confirmed they were still receiving hiker boxes he
mentioned all the services they offer PCT hikers. These fee based services
are listed on his website
<http://www.cascademountainropes.com/PACIFIC%20CREST%20TRAIL%20SUPPORT.htm>
. (washer/dryer, bunk beds, microwave use, shower AND a shuttle back to the
trail!)

I remember Happy Jo broke up that long PCT section north of Cascade Locks
with a stop in Trout Lake. At the time, I remember being so mad I hadn't
decided to try the hard hitch into Trout Lake after hearing about all the
great food Happy Jo had eaten.

Gottago