[pct-l] tent suggestions

arm chair armchairhiker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:44:50 CDT 2007

Got to love Henry Shire's creations!

Got to agree with Trail90.
1.5 pounds, full netting, Big one person sizing, 4 stakes and it's up, use 1
hiking pole at front, great head room, floating bathtub floor, room for your
stuff along side your bag -->>> Tarptent.com's "Contrail".
I set the Contrail up in 4 minutes first time!

Just look at the roominess.
http://www.tarptent.com/contrail.html

The other excellent Shire's creation, executed by Gossamergear.com:
1.5 pounds, 2 person (that's two as in 2), Squall Classic and a bathtub
floor done in spinnaker cloth.

http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/Squall_Classic.html

You can stay out of the bugs and with the bathtub floor, not worry as much
about some rainwater going under the tent.

These tents might serve you quite well,

Havin' fun,
- armchair