[pct-l] printing & protecting maps/other papers

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 08:40:14 CDT 2007

Reinhold,

    No, the TWS doesn't stiffen the paper, and it doesn't crack when folded.
I assume that folding cracks paper a bit, and/or exposes interior fibers; I
fold whatever needs to be folded, like regular topo maps, before treating;
because I believe that protects the folds from water. My topo maps always seem to
crack eventually, but I prolong the life awhile longer with Scotch tape.
    The TWS treatment gives the paper a very, very, very slightly darker
tint, but the readability is not affected. If someone just handed you a treated
topo map, you quite possibly wouldn't even notice.

Bob "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of Texas