[pct-l] Trail Names - How Did You Get Yours?

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 12:59:07 CDT 2007

>So salute the footslogger of the infantry,
> Who in battle had nothing in front of him but the
> enemy.My  late grandfather was a  WW2 era footslogger.  Toughest guy I ever knew. Not because he was macho (he wasn't), or because he did "extreme" things, or acted flashy.

As many men of his generation, he did what he had to do. Had a quiet self confidence. Kept his word. Worked hard. Managed to get through whatever life threw at him. And someone how put up with his three rambunctious grandsons.

As with Jim, I am glad the question was asked..if only to see the poem.

Thanks for sharing.

(Incidentally, his nickname is my "trailname" and the nickname for my Dad, his uncles and my brother and I. Yeah..our last name was to pronounce 80+ yrs ago, too. :) Three generations now with the same nickname....)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com